Baby & You | Workshops - Young People & Schools
Shiatsu Supports the Health & Growth of You and Your Baby during and after your pregnancy. Providing valuable skills that help develop a positive relationship between you and resources to build a strong healthy foundation for life.
Being parents is a fantastic adventure and also overwhelming. Bonding with babies doesn’t always come easy and they will pick up on your anxiety. Your stress can be eased so this natural connection between mother, father and child can be nurtured.
Babies can receive shiatsu from the day they are born as this continues the tactile stimulation received in the womb. Eye-to-eye contact, touch and spending quality time together also plays a vital role in easing postnatal depression. Take time out together for shiatsu to simply Teach Baby and You how to Relax.
I have received specialist training in postnatal and infant shiatsu from Suzanne Yates of Well Mother who has also worked extensively with health professionals and midwives. Her website provides you a wealth of knowledge to help you ~ www.wellmother.org
Benefits to You
- Releases stress tension and pain
- Relaxes shoulder tension from breast feeding or lifting
- Revitalises your body
- Eases stress, anxiety and reduces postnatal depression
- Optimises your whole body’s healthy function
- Reduces labour with shiatsu during pregnancy
Benefits to Baby
- Enhances bonding with your baby
- Promotes babies health and alertness
- Stimulates essential grown and circulation
- Helps with digestion and teething
- Eases symptoms of colds, asthma and colic
- Helps with premature babies and disabilities
I have been seeing Karen for many years for numerous symptoms from neck, shoulder & lower back ache to pregnancy related Sciatica & pure relaxation. After one session since suffering with Sciatica, it really relieved the pain and I find it a lot easier to walk. Whenever I see Karen I feel extremely relaxed afterwards & she always manages to relieve my symptoms. I highly recommend a Shiatsu with Karen. You will feel on top of the world!
Mrs SM, Graphic Designer
Contact me to discuss a session that suits your needs. Home visits can be arranged.
|Shiatsu for You 1hour:
||Shiatsu for You & Baby:
|Shiatsu for Baby & Lesson:
(up to 45minutes)
||£50 ~ 1st session
£45 ~ further sessions
||Shiatsu for both parents & Baby:
back to top
Young People & Schools
Empowering young people to aim high, achieve aspirations and stay healthy. We can tailor a workshop to a length that suits your needs.
What We Do
- Deliver workshops introducing fun exercises and fully clothed massage skills in a group and one to one with individual feedback.
- Provide valuable tools to support and Help Children Achieve More.
- Inspire young people to focus their own emotional energy into creative movements to relax and revitalise their bodies.
- Continue to support and advise students after session.
- Offer further opportunities for young individuals to develop as mentors to children in additional workshops in partner schools.
3 Step Programme Outcomes
1. Present young people powerful exercise tools to release and refresh their own minds and bodies to generate confidence
2. Expand this new knowledge of using their own body movements to benefit and value others.
3. Transform their generated talents into a practical and rewarding application of dynamic Shiatsu massage skills.
Impact & Outcomes
- Award unique skills to support self-belief and purpose to aim high and reach aspirations.
- Offer a safe space for young people to gain acceptance of their own bodies and discover emotional calm.
- Enhance sense of uniqueness and choice to make valuable and positive contributions to shape their future.
- Grow confidence and respect through positive touch and expressing creatively.
- Bring young people together to meet and build relationships.
- Help children let go of fear and reduce the sense of isolation.
- Transform relationships with family, peers and teachers.
- Encourage teamwork to break through barriers, negative patterns and improve behaviour.
back to top
Arrive and Revive at a gathering with your friends or colleagues for a special occasion or team event in the comfort of your own space.
Relax into our massage chair or Unwind on a futon for a 10 - 30 minute massage. Focusing on your head, neck, shoulders, back and arms, you and your friends will feel revitalised and refreshed at your party of pure indulgence.
Create your own affordable package including Hair & Makeup with award winning Sophia Charalambous. www.blondepineapple.co.uk
back to top